National Recovery Day Rally, Recovery Awareness Month, Needle Exchange, Saudi Woman in the Corner Office
Hosted by Billy Palmer and special community co-host Tommy Hamby, tonight's RadioActive lineup included:
- Mindy Vincent from Utah Harm Reduction gave us a run down on how downtown SLC is seeing a decrease in needles left on the ground contrary to recent reports that the number has increased.
- Shihana Alazzaz, one of the first women licensed to practice law in Saudi Arabia. We shared just a bit of the interview between Lara Jones and Alazzaz during the RadioActive Report. Use this media player to hear the full 30-minute conversation:
- Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Executive Director Mary Jo McMillen and guests gave us a preview of this Saturday's Recovery Day Rally at the Gallivan Center. September is Recovery Awarness Month. The following guests also shared some of their stories of active recovery:
- Jeff Marrott, Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Evan Done, USARA, Community Outreach and Engagement
- Darlene Schultz, USARA, Family Support Volunteer