Live music from Will Cassity, grateful tomatoes, butter cow sculptors, #UrbanFarmReport with Backyard GardenShare and New Roots Farmers Market
Live music from Will Cassity, with drummer Sopa. To get Cassity's new album, Incomplete, click here.
Marybeth Janerich of Wasatch Community Gardens, which will host its annual Tomato Sandwich Party tomorrow from 11a-2p at the Grateful Tomato Garden, 615 E. 800 S., SLC. It's FREE!
Debbie Brown and Matt McNaughton, buttercow sculptors at the Utah State Fair. Look for their creation in the Promontory Building at the Utah State Fair Park. The fair runs through September 15th.
#UrbanFarmReport with Backyard GardenShare's Pat Thomas, Margo Draeger and Ashraf Kambere of New Roots Farmers Market, a program of The International Rescue Committee in Salt Lake City.
- Sept. 12: Artists Harvest, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Cactus & Tropicals, 2735 S. 2000 E., SLC. A silent art and service auction benefiting Backyard GardenShare's mission to connect surplus garden fruits and vegetables to local families experiencing hunger. Since 2016 the nonprofit organization collected and distributed more than 50,000 pounds of produce to families in need along the Wasatch Front.
- Sept. 18: New American Dream Lab - 2019, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Church & State, 370 S. 300 E., SLC. Fifteen refugee and New American entrepreneurs participated in Pitch Round One held earlier this month. Three finalists will be pitching their new or existing small business idea before an audience of New American business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, and Salt Lake City's broader business community.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show or an issue you’d like us to cover? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the message.
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Brooke Estes
- Community Co-Host: Aldine Strychnine, KRCL’s Punk Rock Farmer
- Audio Engineer: Sullivan Phetchanpheng